Get Involved! Become a mentor for an intern

Call for 2019 internship projects is currently open. Propose a New Internship Project

Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Learning Materials and Training Working Group

 

I. Welcome

Purpose

...

The Learning Materials Development working group reports to the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee. It is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, Hyperledger team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs. The output of this working group will be targeted towards both technical and non-technical audiences.

Scope of the working group includes developing training material:  

  • for both technical and non-technical audiences

  • for the Hyperledger umbrella product line

  • for each of the individual projects covered under the Hyperledger umbrella

...

Anti Trust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice
L
inux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the
intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable
antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to
meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited
under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws.
Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in
connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust
Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions
about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the
Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove
LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.

II. Introductions from people new to the call



III. EdX Update Flavia or Magda

FABRIC - SAWTOOTH - IROHA (consider GitHub markdown, learning portions of Iroha for
content update, creating tutorials, addressing edX forum
technical questions, etc)

Steps to Contribute

https://gist.github.com/tkuhrt/10211ae0a26a91a8c030d00344f7d11b

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OgxQp317xpza2LOAY9uHPzPxs_B6ZgeycsCaBJ5c0sk/edit

    • ACTION ITEM next week , walk thru presentation to help.

https://github.com/hyperledger/education/tree/import-edx-content/LFS171x/docs


CHAT FORUM:

Progress reports in Rocket Chat https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/learning-materials-development-wg :

*For EdX:

12:24 PM
Hi, I wanted to remind everyone that we are in need of volunteers to monitor the LFS171x forum on edX, and assist students that have problems. While there are not a lot of them, your help is much appreciated. To prioritize, these would be the ones that would need immediate assistance:
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c4f751c58adcb0962001819,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c277326db70a909bd000143,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c46c9943eb9e60991001328,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c451e1258adcb09a10011a8,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c4292c13eb9e6099d00113b,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c36b9fd3eb9e609c40009c6,
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2018/discussion/forum/i4x-LinuxFoundationX-LFS171x-course-3T_2017/threads/5c2752b7db70a909c2000149. Thank you all for your help!

  • ACTION ITEM: Schedule to check forums.


IV.  New Wiki / Pages

https://wiki2.hyperledger.org/display/LMDWG : 

  • Clean up Meeting Notes and Agendas
  • User Guides : Should this section be for finalized versions? Single storage spot , multiple access points. 
  • Key Terminology Where to pull from, standard definitions throughout  organization. Single storage spot , multiple access points. 
  • Use Cases - Member need to add Use Cases to Library. 
  • Team Members Consolidate Member Lists
  • Misc. 
    • Working Documents / Decision Makers and End User Guides 
    • Links Page
    • Experiment Trash Page


V. 2019 Team / Individual Objectives:

...

    • Thank you for adding presentations 
    •  Want to add status bars for completed Items
    • Need Work in Do we want to sections: In Progress and Completed Resource Guide.

Orphaned projects: 

https://github.com/hyperledger/education/issues

Projects

Status

Charter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2X9A2yTdHNbI1v3itspjisWashMOabHXWbxMEZFs90

edX GitHub 27 Issues -

Welcome to Hyperledger Meetup presentation

HyperledgerOverview Presentation.pptx

NEEDS EDITS

Bobbi

Needs to be finalized

Hyperledger Fabric 1.2 presentation DEEP DIVE

https://goo.gl/BFYLwX

Needs format updates

Merkle Tree animation script

https://goo.gl/eTqXZS

CAP/ACID/BASE animation script (portion)

https://goo.gl/PTdV9S

Smart Contract Project

https://goo.gl/644btm

Smart Contract Supply Chain Notes

https://goo.gl/HFvjhx

Completion of Concept list for end users and decision makers

https://goo.gl/3o6pTU: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tczHMhm-MDnGQpW9Z881rwwOEJ-d0MULamWTn5XzvgU/edit

Status
colourYellow
titleNeeds Edits

Decision Makers and End User Guide: Working Copy:

Bobbi

2019 Team and Individual/Small Group Objectives, Key Results, Participants and Tasks -

https://goo.gl/1HzKaD

VI. Recruitment : 

Progress reports in Rocket Chat https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/learning-materials-development-wg :


*

For EdX

*New Group Members: Announce our meeting in Telegram Channel and Twitter feed.


VII. Old Business

Co- Chair

Project Leads

VIII. New Business

Plan to support other Working Groups and Special Interest Groups

Do we want to suggest a project for the Mentor Program to Create a blockchain to support the  Learning Material and Training Working Group , for the exchanging of  educational resources within the Hyperledger environment ?  https://wiki.hyperledger.org/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=6423781&draftShareId=c3ebc8e3-6b23-422e-8c50-8db0326e638f


IX. Close

...