Let us know how we are doing
- It is preferable for you to start with a Jira issue before putting in significant effort.
- Get feedback on whether the community is interested in the feature.
- Solicit ideas on the best way to approach the implementation.
- Consider submitting a HIPE
- If the change impacts more than one project, then a Hyperledger Indy Project Enhancement needs to be discussed.
- Submit a Pull Request in GitHub with your architecture plan to the design folder of the repository you are changing.
- The architects and maintainers will give you feedback and suggestions when accepting the design.
- The design then becomes part of the developer documentation.
- Submit a Pull Request in GitHub with your changes.
- Sign your commit to provide an attestation of the DCO.
- Don't forget to update all relevant tests, changes to CI / CD, documentation, translations, etc.
- API changes need to be reflected in all layers of the system, including the CLI and language bindings.
- CI will be run on your PR.
- Once CI passes, a maintainer will review your PR.
- If the maintainer asks for changes, you will need to respond.
- Once the maintainer is happy, the PR will be accepted and included in the next release.