Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming
community for all. For more information
please visit the Hyperledger Code of Conduct.
- From computer: https://zoom.us/j/4034983298?pwd=STZQd0xMZU9xRVVOVnpQM3JNQ2dqZz09
- From phone: +1(855)880-1246 (toll free US number) or view International numbers
- Meeting ID: 403 498 3298
- Attendees: 15
- Welcome new members, including new member introductions
- Charlie Bushman
- Laurie Reynolds
- Updates / needs from CA2SIG Working Groups
- Standards WG
- First draft of ontology is ready
- Next step will be to test the ontology with a real-world scenario (e.g. personal carbon footprint accounting)
- Climate Research WG
- Blog post or paper about this topic?
- Blog post would be more high-level
- Paper would be a more in-dept analysis of the numbers in terms of energy usage (kWh) etc.
- comparison of energy uses for different types of blockchain?? Ressources saved by using blockchain (e.g. paper)??
- Lam Nguyen presented the Climate Research Group and provided two directions we could research - Energy usage of blockchains and blockchain-based emission trading systems (cap and trade)
- George Blumberg The current problem for students is that the scope seems infinite and it needs to be graspable for students. Having assignments ready that describe a project with defined outcomes could help a lot.
- Plan to create a Awareness and Capacity Building WG
- Events to attend - List updated by CA2SIG members
- Speaking Opportunities
- CA2SIG presentation materials
- Content / Articles
- Planned guests invited to present at CA2SIG meetings
- Diversity and inclusion project
- Standards WG
- Diversity and Inclusion findings / 2021 strategy
- Sherwood Moore proposed the idea to have representatives in the different regions over the world
- Alfonso Govela suggests connecting with universities and high schools to increase diversity
- Karolina suggests targeting directly associations of universities that already participate in the blockchain space
- Kamlesh Nagware suggest reaching out to the Social Impact SIG and the regional chapters and also organizing a hackathon
- Video campaign
- Faces of the Climate Action Special Interest Group
- Use the next meeting to give people of the group the chance to share why they participate in the CA2 SIG. Then use the part of the recording for the video campaign.
- Do we need meetings in different time zones?
- Si Chen wants to reach out to the regional chapters of Africa, ASEAN, and Japan
- Laurie brought up the idea to have a middle man in Europe to link the meeting in the different time zone (east - west)
- First step will be to ask if people are interested in having meetings in a different time slot and evaluate the decision.