On a monthly basis, we scan the project source code to ensure that it conforms to the license requirements specified in the Hyperledger Charter. This how-to article will provide the information necessary to conduct this process.
- You have access to the scripts located at: https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/hyperledger-community-management-tools/tree/master/create_tarballs
- You can run a bash shell script
- Verify that the repositories.sh file contains the latest list of repositories for each of the projects. If not, modify to reflect the latest list of repositories
For each project, run
- Copy the
*.tar.gzfiles located in
/tmp/<date>/tarballsto a subdirectory named
<yyyy-mm-dd>/tarballsunder the Google Drive folder to share with Steve Winslow.
- Copy the results provided by Steve to a subdirectory named
<yyyy-mm-dd>/results(where <yyyy-mm-dd> matches that used in step #4) under the Google Drive folder.
- Create a bug for each project that has license scan issues and copy the results to that bug.