- Cactus and Weaver were merged to one project "Cacti." Now we are preparing for moving codes and making the new Cacti repository.
- On the original Cactus repository, we released Cactus v1.1.0 that resolved the issues from the comprehensive security audit of Cactus v1.
- Cacti new architecture diagram is now discussed among the maintainers and this will be determined soon.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos? Yes
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo. Yes, we use DCI-Lint as part of our CI
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project's documentation and/or Wiki pages? Yes
Questions/Issues for the TSC
- None at the moment.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
- We achieved the project merging of Cactus and Weaver. We are preparing the initial repository including Cactus and Weaver codes.
- We aim to bring as much Hyperledger interoperability work efforts together as possible to make the total output greater than the individual sums (code reuse enablement, shared testing infrastructure expertise, benchmarks, release management, etc.)
- The plan is to leverage our mono-repo project structure in order to make the above plans as painless/as low overhead as possible since we want to actively prevent bogging down everybody involved with administrative changes/refactorings/breaking changes required in the name of collaboration
- We continue to put effort into academic research (namely a research group within Hyperledger; several Hyperledger Summer Internships with a research component have been proposed and accepted).
The maintainers are planning the Cacti new architecture that is combined with the strengths of Cactus and Weaver. They will determine the Cacti v2 release plan and largely refactor the codes as the architecture.
They are also planning about some supporting tools such as ledger explorer interface of Cacti.
- As is required, you can find our current maintainer list here: https://github.com/hyperledger/cactus/blob/main/MAINTAINERS.md.
- Our existing maintainers are:
- Jagpreet Singh Sasan (Accenture) * from the original Cactus
- Jonathan Hamilton (Accenture) * from the original Cactus
- Peter Somogyvari (Accenture) * from the original Cactus
- Izuru Sato (Fujitsu) * from the original Cactus
- Takuma Takeuchi (Fujitsu) * from the original Cactus
- Sandeep Nishad (IBM) * from Weaver
- Venkatraman Ramakrishna (IBM) * from Weaver
- Note that Sandeep and Venkatraman from the Weaver project were officially welcomed to Cacti maintainers in the last quarter (September).
Our contributor strength has increased in this quarter compared to the previous quarter, which is great news!