Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

I. Welcome 
      Join Group     
https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg

Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group

The Learning Materials Development working group reports to the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee. It is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, Hyperledger team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs. The output of this working group will be targeted towards both technical and non-technical audiences.

         Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice

Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.

Introductions from people on the call: Jim, Flavia, Nathalie, Jon Carpenter, Ravi, Kerri, Bobbi

II. EdX Update / Discussion

  • EdX Updates
  • Flavia & Jim conversation about the Certified Administrators course Version 2.0 of Fabric is due this week and EDX needs to support 2 courses but only has material for 1.4. 1.4 will only be supported for 9 month.  Functional Gaps will arises for 1.4 long term support. There is a 1.4.5 branch coming out simultaneously soon. Version 2.0 is radically different and training materials need to reflect this. Certified Administrator course ware will be tested in May.  
    • Opportunity to review Hyperledger Fabric Developer Exam  the Certified Hyperledger Fabric Developer 1.4  (CHFD) exam, scheduled to launch in March 2020. Anyone on call take advantage ? No one on call who took the beta exam .
      EdX Updates: Edx TRAINING  courses are based on public domains and Competencies CERTIFICATION require in depth coursework which changes  change dramatically per version. Flavia will reach out to her certification team and determining timeline of support.
    • Tech. Course Developer Certification Exam and course are in ALPHA due end of Q1.  ( not sure of status Jim suggested work was discontinued.) 
    • NEW COURSE TOMORROW Blockchain usage and implications. (already 2000 enrollment) 
    • March 4th Steve Curran's course Aries Developer course
    • RESULT Edx will offer two Professional courses: 1) Blockchain for Business 2) Blockchain usage and implications.  By March will add  LFS172 and LFS173 will target developers. 
  • GitHub Repository   New https://github.com/hyperledger/learning-materials-dev

    • Nathalie's Report. Only item in new repo is Licence . Need a governance structure for people to follow. How to supply commits , How to report an issue. What are the documentation requirements, ie Contact information, desired end product. 
      • Big Question, How does documentation created by group get on hyperledger.org  What are the communities documentation needs. Bobbi will reach out on next Marketing call for direction. 

II. Structure of Working Groups: Working Group Task Force

Discussion During TSC meeting about Working Group and the Quarterly report.  Since we do not have a work product due, the  TSC  is deciding weather or not the task force request is enough reporting. It is difficult to organize Working Groups when TSC  direction and communication come from  TSC Decision Log .  THOUGHTS. Group agreed with quarterly reporting for accountability  

IV. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions) 

  • Resource Page : Webinar Standards: WEBINAR STANDARDS Grace, Community Presentation Kiosk/Schedule Group will start adding a template around webinars , standard slides, formatting. Redo Mkt slide presentation for IDARE approach 
  • Key Terms Email from Kerri Lemole requesting assistance on Taxonomy document. Put in key terms.  https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/EASIG  Per Email 
    • On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Kerri Lemoie <kerri@openworksgrp.com> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I'm working with the US Department of Ed and am doing research on blockchain efforts in education. One thing we found rather quickly when attempting to describe the various efforts is that a categorization of the types of efforts would add clarity when writing and speaking about them. We would like your assistance in developing this taxonomy. Hopefully, it serves broader needs.

      This doc contains what we've started:

      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JgiKHBizQnnBqPY4r29N9SsRbiPHPl-iZ8OzMBETSpI/edit?usp=sharing

      We are seeking your feedback on the terms and definitions. Also, please suggest any categories that are missing.

      Anyone with this link should be able to comment on this doc.  We can also use this thread for discussion.

      Thanks for your help!

      Kerri



      Kerri Lemoie
      OpenWorks Group

      Group needs a sponsor to organize the ever growing collection of key terms. 
      Once we have a basic glossary we will create a task force for TSC approval

      • USE Case  Jon and Jim are adding use cases, will continue.

V Old Business

  • Setting up a Task force to work on Best Practice Badge requirements, based on current CII Best Practices Page Best Practices for WG SIG
  • Setting up a Task force to work organize TSC documentation Library: record decisions by week that are made during TSC calls. Maintain a Documentation Library for TSC governing documentation APPROVED VERSIONS ONLY.  Compare TSC governing documentation with decisions from TSC _ if we set up decision log correctly, when decisions are made involved participant will be automatically notified.

VI. New Business


VII. Close:

Next Meeting  February 10



  • No labels