Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

1

29-Aug-2019 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via Zoom

Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. For more information please visit our Code of Conduct: Hyperledger Code of Conduct

TSC Members

Present?

  • Arnaud Le Hors
  • Baohua Yang
  • Binh Nguyen
  • Christopher Ferris
  • Dan Middleton
  • Hart Montgomery
  • Kelly Olson
  • Mark Wagner
  • Mic Bowman
  • Nathan George
  • Silas Davis

Resources:

Announcements

Items of discussion

  • Composer 
    • The maintainers have requested that the project be moved to deprecated status.
    • There is the possibility that some fixes may be merged after the 6 month window.
    • The intent is that the developers will be fixing only emergency issues and will be winding down to end-of-life.
    • End-of-life is a separate voted on status.
    • VOTE: 0 opposed, 0 abstaining, unanimous vote in favor.
  • Gardener Proposal
    • Some concern that Gardener and TCF have pieces for doing oracles and there is desire that they work together.
    • Potential to create a lab focused on collaboration.
  • Trusted Compute Framework (TCF)
    • Implementation of EEA Trusted compute specification
      • Specifies secure enclaves (such as SGX), ZK proofs, and MPC to provided trusted compute options.
    • Drive adoption standards based implementations for trusted compute.
      • Off-chain Trusted Compute specification.
    • Came from the PDO lab, then forked by Intel to become TCF, and then gained iExec as a contributor which helped with Ethereum use case.
    • Offloads off-chain computation into trusted execution to extend smart contract capabilities.
    • Interface based approach so interop with Ursa should be straightforward.
    • TCF focuses on allocating trusted compute resources for executing smart contracts and getting the results back in a trustworthy way.
    • VOTE: 
  • Arnaud Le Hors
  • Baohua Yang
  • Binh Nguyen
  • Christopher Ferris
  • Dan Middleton
  • Hart Montgomery
  • Kelly Olson
  • Mark Wagner
  • Mic Bowman
  • Nathan George
  • Silas Davis
  • Expansion vs Convergence
    • https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2613
    • portions of https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/topic/32801288#2502
    • 2019 08 22 TSC Minutes 
    • Is it fine if HL has a feel more like Apache rather than Cloud Foundry?
      • This would allow for projects with overlapping solutions and/or different constituencies.
      • Apache markets the "Apache Way" rather than hand picking projects to make sure they don't overlap.
      • Individual projects would market themselves but the overall ASF does not police how the different projects are supposed to relate to each other.
    • We originally went down the road that is somewhere in between Cloud Foundry and Apache.
      • We are a bit of a broad tent but we are actively working on convergence as a process.
      • We are looking for projects to be somewhat unique but then also pulling out common pieces to drive convergence points.
    • Maybe we should acknowledge that projects won't go away if HL doesn't accept them.
      • They will still exist and compete with us for developers and community.
      • Having them in HL will give us an opportunity to drive friendly competition and convergence more efficiently than if they stayed outside of HL.
    • How much of this is a TSC decision vs. a board decision?
      • The board hasn't weighed in directly on convergence vs. expansion yet.
      • The board hasn't showed any negative opinions toward attempting both convergence and expansion at the same time.
  • Hyperledger Besu Proposal
    • Would HL be more successful with Besu or not?
      • Besu has enough support that it will live with or without us and we'd like to leverage our greater cooperation inside of HL to drive better interop and convergence.
    • VOTE:
  • Arnaud Le Hors
  • Baohua Yang
  • Binh Nguyen
  • Christopher Ferris
  • Dan Middleton
  • Hart Montgomery
  • Kelly Olson
  • Mark Wagner
  • Mic Bowman
  • Nathan George
  • Silas Davis
  • Working Group Committee update (Mic Bowman)
    • Some proposals have been made about working groups.
    • At a minimum, the working groups need to be much more fine grained in their scope.
  • This is the last meeting of the 2018-2019 TSC. The vote is underway. The next meeting with be the first meeting of the newly elected TSC.
    • Thank you to everybody for their time and commitment to Hyperledger.

Quarterly updates

Upcoming items

  • Smart Contract WG

Backlog

Recordings



  • No labels