This HOWTO explains how you would create a new chat channel on the Hyperledger chat instance. This HOWTO is necessary for setting up new projects and new working groups.
You must be an Admin on the Hyperledger chat instance.
- From the Rocket.Chat application or the website, log in using your Linux Foundation ID.
- Click on "Create a New Channel"
- NOTE: Channels default to "Private". Ensure that the channel is "Public", as required.
- Provide a name for the channel
- Add any users who you know should be part of the channel (e.g., WG chairs, project maintainers)
- Click the "Create" button
- After the channel has been created, modify the "Topic" and "Description"
- Click the "Info" button
- Click the "Edit" button
- Fill in the "Topic". This is a short description that appears at the top of the chat window that describes what this channel is intended for
- Fill in the "Description". This is a longer description that contains more details for this channel.
- Add the information to the list of chat channels.