Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the docs!
Welcome to the documentation section of the Besu wiki!
The following links are a set of guidelines for contributing to this repo. These are mostly guidelines, not rules. Use your best judgement, and feel free to propose changes to this wiki page.
Documentation contributions come in the form of writing new documentation, raising issues with the current docs, correcting mistakes, helping others in chat with doc content and more.
Having the following accounts is necessary for contributing to besu-docs.
- If you want to contribute documentation/code, you can make a Linux Foundation (LF) account here.
- If you want to raise an issue, you can login to your Atlassian account here.
- Our Rocket Chat also requires a Linux Foundation (LF) account.
Useful contributing links
DCO is also needed for Besu docs (as for Besu code)
Pull Requests - the same process is used for Besu code and Besu docs
Code Reviews - again, the same process is used for Besu code and Besu docs
Still no luck?
Still unsure of where to start, even after looking at our good-first-issues and help-wanted tags in our issue dashboard?
- Take a look at past (done) issues and look at what others have done to help
- Read the code base and try to understand how stuff works under the hood
- read the Besu docs and try to find errors, outdated information, or simple spelling mistakes, etc
- help build this wiki by adding more contributor information
- reach out on RocketChat!